The Graduate School is responsible for the development and administration of all graduate level programs at The University. Matters of policy, procedure, and graduate curriculum are recorded and implemented in consultation with academic programs and the Graduate Studies Committee.
This page provides links that may be helpful to you as a faculty member. The Graduate School Staff is readily available to assist graduate students, faculty and staff with academic and administrative matters. Should you need additional assistance, feel free to contact The Graduate School at 336.334.5596.
Graduate Faculty Appointment
Some of the activities coordinated by The Graduate School Staff:
- Disseminate program and admission information to prospective students
- Collect and process application materials submitted to The University
- Coordinate the admission process with academic departments
- Assist students with interpretation of policy, course registration and withdrawal
- Monitor academic eligibility
- Review theses/dissertations for formatting requirements
- Process applications for Graduation
- Process degree audits/degree clearances
- Work with the Graduate Studies Committee to approve all new/revised graduate programs, curricula, and policy
- Process applications for graduate faculty membership
- Edit the Graduate Bulletin
Other Points of Interest
Directions for Revising Catalog Copy
Electronic Bulletin Revising
Grading Policy Memo
Graduate Studies Committee
The Graduate Studies Committee is an agency of the Senate which serves as the representative body of the Graduate Faculty on all aspects of graduate education.