Plan to Join Us for the
2017 Graduate Research & Creativity Expo
Wednesday, April 5th
Registration Opens Monday, January 9th
The 2016 Graduate Research & Creativity Expo
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
· Creative Arts – Sydney de Briel (Theatre) “Costume Design: She Kills Monsters”
· Health Sciences – Andrea Pluskota (Communication Sciences & Disorders) “Black Lives, Literacy, and Language Skills Matter: A Summer Program for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse School-Aged Children”
· Humanities – Joseph Ross (History) “Remembering Nuremberg: The Paradox of Human Rights in American History”
· Natural, Physical, and Mathematical Sciences – Taylor Mabe (Nanoscience) “Development and Fabrication of a Handheld Point-of-Care Sensor for Disease Diagnosis”
· Professional Programs – Tara Konya (Consumer, Apparel & Retail Studies) “At the Intersection of Social Marketing and Public Policy: An Exploration of a Non-Profit from the Client Perspective”
· Social Sciences – Arwa Altaher (Geography) “Residential Location Patterns of Immigrants in 21st Century: A Case Study of Atlanta MSA”
Judges had a very difficult time picking a winner for each category, due to the immense variety of presentations and the impactful nature of each student’s research on the UNCG community and beyond. The winners from the Expo will each receive a $1,000 prize and recognition at the Student Honors Convocation on April 27. Several winners will be invited to participate in May at the State Legislature’s Graduate Education Day in Raleigh.
Thank you to everyone who supported, participated in, and helped put together this year’s amazing Expo. Please click here for more photos of the event!