Cone Ballroom – Elliott University Center
Thursday, August 9
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Check in starts at 5:00 p.m with beer and pizza reception
(non-alcoholic options will also be available).
Click here for a pdf of the presentations made at the 2018 New Graduate Student Orientation.
Come early to visit with student support organizations, obtain your new
student ID – SpartanCard, explore the campus, and meet with Graduate School staff and other new graduate students.
More information and a schedule can be downloaded here.
Join us for The Graduate School’s New Student orientation session on Thursday, August 9. Key information will be provided to help make your transition into graduate education a success and you will have the opportunity to meet students from a variety of other programs. Speakers will provide information on The Graduate School, academic integrity, university technology resources, and library services and assistance in research.
- View the Spartan New Student Orientation Survival Guide for useful information on making your transition to campus.
- Connect with your Director of Graduate Study (DGS) if you haven’t already.
- Connect with us on social media
- Looking for an assistantship? Check out Spartan Careers or download the Student Employment FAQ
- Discover what to do in Greensboro
- Academic Integrity
- Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
- Conflicts of Interest
- Dean of Students, Office of
- Export Control
- Research Integrity, Office of (ORI)
- University Catalog
Campus Life & Support Organizations
- Career Services Center
- Graduate School Workshops
- Graduate School Writing Resources
- Leadership and Service Learning
- Study Abroad and Research Abroad
Get to Know Greensboro