For anyone with an undergraduate degree considering a return to the classroom, the Visions Program is a convenient and accessible way to take graduate level courses. Visions students can explore a graduate program on a part-time basis, renew a teaching licensure, or simply grow as a student.
Credits earned through the Visions Program are recorded in the University Registrar’s Office on an official transcript. Up to nine hours can be applied to a future degree if you choose to enroll in a degree-seeking program down the road or three hours may be applied to our certificate programs. Credit earned must fall within the timeline for completing the degree or certificate.
We aim to make applying to Visions as painless as possible. We do not require official transcripts, personal recommendations, test scores (unless non-native speaker then ESL proficiency is required), or a personal statement. A $25.00 non-refundable fee is charged each semester a Visions enrollment form is submitted.
Should you apply for more than one semester, you will need to create a new application each time. Visions applications must be submitted no later than the Friday of the first week of classes for the semester.
- No courses below the 500-level will count toward a graduate degree.
- A maximum of 9 hours in courses numbered 749 and below may be taken through Visions and applied to a graduate degree or 3 hours for a certificate. Credit earned must fall within the timeline for completing the degree or certificate.
- There are restrictions on which classes are available to Visions students. Contact the department of interest for more information.
- Some courses have prerequisites or co-requisites, which are noted in the current UNCG Catalog. These requirements must be met before students are allowed to register unless the instructor gives permission for individual students to enroll.
- Written permission from the instructor and/or department is required for enrollment in a closed or restricted course(s). Students must obtain such permission on a Drop/Add permission form and returned to the University Registrar’s Office (180 Mossman Building).
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited College or University.
- Not be currently enrolled as a degree student at UNCG.
- Do not have an application for admission to The Graduate School under review for the same semester.
- Check with the department of interest (e.g., Art, Business Administration) and meet special requirements that may exist for that department.
- Visions students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Non-native speakers of English must have their proficiency in the English language validated by one of three means:
- Submit a score on a language proficiency test taken within the past two years. If the TOEFL is the chosen test, the minimum required score depends on the form of the exam taken: Internet based — 79, or paper based — 550. A score of at least 6.5 is required on the IELTS. A score of 53 or higher is required for the Pearson Test of English.
- Present a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Complete INTERLINK, the intensive English language program located on UNCG’s campus at nc.interlink.edu. The English language proficiency requirement may be waived if the applicant is a graduate of a university in a country where English is the official language.
Separate bills will not be mailed to individuals, but may be viewed online at UNCGenie. Please visit the Cashier’s Office website for Cost of Tuition & Fees.
There are two ways to pay:
- Online via UNCGenie with a credit card
- In person at the UNCG Cashier’s Office in 151 Mossman with a personal check, cash, or money order
Questions regarding tuition, fees, and refunds should be directed to:
Cashiers & Student Accounts Office
151 Mossman Building