“Affordable Tuition – Exceptional Value”
The Graduate School and the Office of Financial Aid are committed to assisting our students with the process of identifying and securing funding. The first person you should contact is your Director of Graduate Studies who can let you know about assistantship openings and help you with your funding search. The links on this page will assist you in your search for funding. Explore as many of the resources as you can and reach out to us if you have any questions. email@example.com
The cost of attending graduate school includes direct costs of tuition, fees, and health insurance. It also includes indirect costs such as living expenses, books and supplies, travel, and other personal expenses. Many graduate programs require differential tuition beyond the base rate to cover the extra demands of graduate education. Click here to view the UNCG tuition and fee rates.
A valuable resource for enhancing your financial education is the GradSense website developed by the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS). There you will find information on exploring the value of your graduate education, student loan tips, testimonials on how former graduate students paid off loans, creating a budget, and other pertinent topics.
A review of cost of living calculators indicates that the cost of living in Greensboro is well below the national average. You may visit any cost of living comparison site to determine the difference between where you currently live and Greensboro.
Lofts on Lee is an on-campus housing option designed for the specific needs of graduate students, who require increased independence, privacy, and flexibility, but still need ease of access to campus. Residents have the option of year-round leases. For information about off-campus housing options may wish to visit ApartmentFinder, Apartments.com, airbnb, Zillow, etc.
Students who wish to live further than walking distance should visit Greensboro Transit Authority for information on transportation options.
Optional meal plans are available through Spartan Dining.
Greensboro is known for its diverse population and myriad of opportunities for young professionals. The city has a variety of entertainment and nightlife, including numerous craft breweries, live music, and dozens of unique, locally owned restaurants and retailers. But don’t take our word for it. Click here to visit SynerG and get the Young Professionals Guide to Greensboro.
- Assistantships – Graduate assistantships require up to 20 hours per week for a fixed rate stipend paid in monthly installments.
- Tuition Support – Funding administered by the Graduate School that may cover the cost of partial or full tuition.
- Fellowships – Fellowships are non-service awards that may cover tuition, fees, and living expenses. These may be internal to UNCG or external fellowships.
- Minerva Scholars – Being named a Minerva Scholar is the highest recognition a graduate student can receive at UNC Greensboro.
- Health Insurance – Funding administered by the Graduate School that covers a portion of your health insurance premium provided you elect the UNCG Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
- Financial Aid – Federal student loans are based on financial need and estimated cost of attendance.